Little Miss Contrary always says the opposite of what she really means. She lives in Muddleland. One day, Mr. Happy invites her to his birthday party. She haves a great time, but using contrary, she said it was dreadful. At the end of the book, it says for the readers, that Little Miss Contrary would say this is the "beginning" of the story.
International publications & translations
This is a list of alternate titles for this book being published internationally.
- Madame Contraire (French)
- Unsere Gerda Gegentil (First German Release)
- Miss Gegenteil (German)
- 相反小姐 (Taiwan)
- Η Κυρία Αντίθετη (Greek)
- ひねくれちゃん (Japanese)
- Mała Buntowniczka (Polish)
List of characters
This is a list of Mr. Men, Little Miss and other special characters that appear in this book.
Title character other appearances
This is a list of other books that the title character has appeared in.
- Mr. Brave
- Mr. Perfect
- Little Miss Busy-Body
- Little Miss Fabulous (with pink hair, a yellow nose, and blue skin)
- That's Enough, Little Miss Bossy (TV)
- Mr. Jelly's Show of Bravery (TV)
- A Weekend with Little Miss Contrary (TV)
- A Rival for Little Miss Somersault (TV) (cameo)
- Mr. Noisy the Music Man (TV) (cameo)
- Mr. Skinny's Incredible Bet (TV)
- Jill Shilling (1995-1997)
- Catherine Disher (1997-1999)
- She invited Little Miss Wise to her house once.
- In Mr. Men and Little Miss, she lived in Nonsenseland, not Muddleland.
- She lives in a cottage besides Little Miss Neat in Mr. Men & Little Miss.
- Even though Little Miss Contrary is the twenty-first book in the Little Miss series, she is placed twenty-ninth in the Little Miss Library, after Little Miss Fun which was the twenty-ninth book in the Little Miss series, though she is placed twenty-eighth in the Little Miss Library.
- She wears glasses.
See Counterparts Wiki.