Mr. Nonsense lives in Nonsenseland, in a house on top of a tree. When asked why he sleeps in a rowing boat, the answer is "I tried sleeping in a motorboat and it was somewhat uncomfortable." When asked why he eats porridge on toast, the answer is, "I tried porridge sandwiches and I didn't like them." Mr. Nonsense is best friends with Mr. Silly, and when it snows yellow snow, they go for a toboggan in Mr. Nonsense's rowing boat bed. They build square snowballs somehow.
International publications & translations
Mr. Nonsense appears under the title
- Monsieur Bizarre (French)
- Unser Herr Unsinn (German)
- Meneertje Onzin (Dutch)
- 荒唐先生 (Taiwan)
- 터무니없어씨 (Korean)
- Ο Κύριος Κουταμάρας (Greek)
- Don Disparates (Spanish)
- ナンセンスくん (Japanese)
- Big Nose (Disney's Tangled, both have big noses),
- Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland, both speak nonsense),
- Ned Flanders (The Simpsons, both speak nonsense and are yellow),
- Yoshimitsu (Tekken and Soul Calibur, both have a nonsensical way of speaking),
- Wacky Hatter (Lalaloopsy, both are alike, speak nonsense and are friends with Mr. Silly and Alice in Lalaloopsyland).
- Obfusco (Odd squad, both speak nonsense)
List of characters
This is a list of Mr. Men, Little Miss and other special characters that appear in this book.
Title character other appearances
This is a list of other books that the title character has appeared in.
- Little Miss Dotty
- Little Miss Busy
- Little Miss Wise
- Little Miss Curious
- Mr. Nonsense Rows To the Moon (TV)
- Mr. Nonsense's Strange Illness (TV)
- What a Question, Little Miss Curious (TV)
- Mr. Clumsy, Head Butler (TV)(cameo)
- Mr. Chatterbox and the Parrot (TV)(cameo)
- Little Miss Helpful Goes To The Fair (TV)(cameo)
- Mr. Greedy Goes To a Dinner Party (TV)
- The Christmas Letter