July 3, 1978
- Color: Yellow
- Shape: Round
- Gender: Male
- Friends: Mr. Silly, Little Miss Dotty
- Rivals: unknown
- Love: None/Unknown
- Relatives: Mr. Silly, Mr. Funny and Little Miss Giggles
- Family: Mr. Impossible (Adopted brother) Mr. Silly, Mr. Funny, and Little Miss Giggles.
- Personality: Talking nonsense and being silly
- Voice actors: David Shaw Parker (1992), Gordon Peters (1995-1997), Len Carlson (1997-1999)
Mr. Nonsense lives in Nonsenseland, in a house on top of a tree. When asked why he sleeps in a rowing boat, the answer is "I tried sleeping in a motorboat and it was somewhat uncomfortable." When asked why he eats porridge on toast, the answer is, "I tried porridge sandwiches and I didn't like them." Mr. Nonsense is best friends with Mr. Silly, and when it snows yellow snow, they go for a toboggan in Mr. Nonsense's rowing boat bed. They build square snowballs somehow.
- Mr Nonsense has no eyes.
See Counterparts Wiki.
International publications & translations
Mr. Nonsense appears under the title
- Monsieur Bizarre (French)
- Unser Herr Unsinn (German)
- Meneertje Onzin (Dutch)
- 荒唐先生 (Taiwan)
- 터무니없어씨 (Korean)
- Ο Κύριος Κουταμάρας (Greek)
- Don Disparates (Spanish)
- ナンセンスくん (Japanese)
List of characters
This is a list of Mr. Men, Little Miss and other special characters that appear in this book.
Title character other appearances
This is a list of other books that the title character has appeared in.
- Little Miss Dotty
- Little Miss Busy
- Little Miss Wise
- Little Miss Curious
- Mr. Nonsense Rows To the Moon (TV)
- Mr. Nonsense's Strange Illness (TV)
- What a Question, Little Miss Curious (TV)
- Mr. Clumsy, Head Butler (TV)(cameo)
- Mr. Chatterbox and the Parrot (TV)(cameo)
- Little Miss Helpful Goes To The Fair (TV)(cameo)
- Mr. Greedy Goes To a Dinner Party (TV)
- The Christmas Letter
- The Great Alphabet Hunt