Mr. Silly lives in Nonsenseland, where the trees have red leaves and the grass is blue. Every year there is a contest for the silliest idea of the year, and Mr. Silly can't think of one. All the animals do human activity and say the wrong sounds. Mr. Silly wins the contest by painting all the leaves on the trees green. <nowiki>Insert non-formatted text hereInsert non-formatted text here</nowiki>
International publications & translations
Mr. Silly appears under the titles Monsieur Étonnant (French), Don Tontainas (Spanish), Unser Herr Komisch (German), Ο Κύριος Ανόητος (Greek), 엉뚱씨 (Korean), Mr. Dwl (Welsh), Meneer Malloot (Dutch), 滑稽先生 (Taiwan), Fætter Fjolle (Danish).
- Mr. Silly is Roger's favorite Mr Men.
- According to a Mr. Men comic, his birthday is February 13th, "every year".
- When Mr. Silly was first published he was beige with a red hat. As of more recent publishing he is light brown with an orange hat.
- He is one of the largest Mr. Men in the Mr. Men and Little Miss episodes.
- His Ed, Edd n Eddy counterpart is Ed because they are both silly.
- His Beauty and the Beast counterparts are the Bimbettes because they are all silly.
- His Father Ted counterpart is Dougal because they are both silly.
- His Kingdom Hearts counterpart is Sora because they both have big shoes.
- His Thomas & Friends counterparts are Billy and Duke because all three are close in colour and Billy and Mr. Silly are silly)
- His Little Monsters counterpart is Silly Sidney because both are silly.
- His Beauty and the Beast: The Enchanted Christmas counterpart is Fife because they are both silly.
- His Three Little Pigs counterparts are Fifer Pig and Fiddler Pig because they are all silly.
- His Family Ness counterparts is Silly Ness because they are both silly.
- His Twelve Warrior Explosive Eto Rangers counterpart is Monk because they are both silly and brown.
- His Star Wars counterpart is Jar Jar Binks because they are both silly.
- His Animaniacs counterpart is Baloney because they are both silly.
- His Fairly OddParents counterpart is Cosmo because they are both silly.
- His T.U.F.F. Puppy Counterpart is Dudley Puppy because both are silly.
- In the graphic novel Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Life, Scott's first encounter with Ramona includes a gag about her shoes, which are later revealed to be Mr. Silly's shoes.
- His Street Fighter counterpart is Hakan, because they are both silly
- His My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic counterpart to Pinkie Pie because they are both silly.
- His Total Drama series counterpart to Ezekiel because they are both silly.
- His Skylander series counterpart to Pop Fizz because they both have yellow and they are both silly.
- His Pillow Pets counterpart is Silly Monkey because they are both silly.
- His Cuddle-Uppets counterpart is Buster The Purple Monkey because they are both silly.
- His Mikayla's Words counterpart is Mikayla Pasteris becuase they are both silly.
- His Slumber Party Puppies counterpart is Silly becuase they both have yellow and they are both silly.
- His Lalaloopsy counterpart is Alice in Lalaloopsyland becuase they both are silly
List of characters
This is a list of Mr. Men, Little Miss and other special characters that appear in this book.
- Mr. Ridiculous
- Mr. Foolish
- Mr. Muddle (Human Farmer)
- Mrs. Nincompoop
- King of Nonsenseland
Title character other appearances
This is a list of other books that the title character has appeared in.
- Mr. Chatterbox (in a portrait in Mr. Browler's store.)
- Mr. Nonsense
- Mr. Slow
- Mr Rush (pictured)
- Little Miss Sunshine
- Little Miss Tiny
- Little Miss Shy
- Little Miss Dotty
- Little Miss Late
- Little Miss Scatterbrain (does not speak)
- Little Miss Wise
- A Very Happy Day For Mr. Happy(TV)(cameo)
- Little Miss Busy, D.I.Y Teacher(TV)
- Mr. Nonsense's Strange Illness (TV)
- Mr. Silly's Silly Secret (TV)
- Mr. Chatterbox and the Parrot(TV)(cameo)
- Mr. Noisy, the Music Man(TV)(cameo)
- Mr. Muddle Goes Skating(TV)
- Little Miss Bossy Has a Busy Day(TV)(Cameo)
- Mr. Bump Has an Accident (TV)
- Mr. Nosey Goes Fishing (TV)
- Little Miss Trouble and the Magic Paint (TV)(cameo)
- Mr. Mischief Becomes an Artist (TV)(cameo)
- Thank Goodness for Mr. Slow (TV)
- Mr. Jelly Goes Time Travelling(TV)
- Mr. Men
- Mr. Tickle Mr. Greedy Mr. Happy Mr. Nosey Mr. Sneeze Mr. Bump Mr. Snow Mr. Messy Mr. Topsy-Turvy Mr. Silly
- Mr. Uppity Mr. Small Mr. Daydream Mr. Forgetful Mr. Jelly Mr. Noisy Mr. Lazy Mr. Funny Mr. Mean Mr. Chatterbox
- Mr. Fussy Mr. Bounce Mr. Muddle Mr. Dizzy Mr. Impossible Mr. Strong Mr. Grumpy Mr. Clumsy Mr. Quiet Mr. Rush
- Mr. Tall Mr. Worry Mr. Nonsense Mr. Wrong Mr. Skinny Mr. Mischief Mr. Clever Mr. Busy Mr. Slow Mr. Brave
- Mr. Grumble Mr. Perfect Mr. Cheerful Mr. Cool Mr. Rude Mr. Good Mr. Nobody
- Little Miss
- Little Miss Bossy Little Miss Naughty Little Miss Neat Little Miss Sunshine Little Miss Tiny Little Miss Trouble Little Miss Helpful Little Miss Magic Little Miss Shy Little Miss Splendid
- Little Miss Late Little Miss Scatterbrain Little Miss Greedy Little Miss Giggles Little Miss Twins Little Miss Chatterbox Little Miss Dotty Little Miss Lucky Little Miss Star Little Miss Fickle
- Little Miss Contrary Little Miss Busy Little Miss Quick Little Miss Wise Little Miss Tidy Little Miss Brainy Little Miss Stubborn Little Miss Curious Little Miss Fun Little Miss Somersault
- Little Miss Scary Little Miss Bad Little Miss Whoops Little Miss Princess Little Miss Hug
- Special Mr. Men
- Mr. Cheeky Mr. Christmas Mr. Birthday Little Miss Jealous Little Miss Christmas Little Miss Birthday Little Miss Stella Mr. Stupid
- Non-English Mr Men
- Mr. Crosspatch Mr. No Little Miss All-Goes-Well Little Miss Brilliant Little Miss Busy-Body Little Miss Careful Little Miss Loud Little Miss Prim Little Miss Selfish Little Miss Vain Little Miss Yes
- Misc. Mr Men
- Little Miss Calamity Little Miss Daredevil Mr. Scatterbrain Mr. Stubborn Other Mr. Men Caveman Mummy Grandfather Clock Mr. Magic Mr. Roundy Mr. Squary Mr. Beefeater Mr. Funny (Beafeater) Mr. Metal Mr. Fussy's unnamed releative Mr. Spendy
- Appeared in other Stories
- Mr. Miserable Mr. Right Mr. Thrifty Little Miss Thrifty Mr. Penny Mr. Prudence Wilfred the Wizard Mr. All-Goes-Wrong Little Miss Nobody