Mr. Skinny is the thirty-fifth book in the Mr. Men series by Roger Hargreaves.
Mr. Skinny lives in Fatland, where everything and everyone is big except for him. He has a small appetite, and sees Dr. Plump, who has him visit Mr. Greedy. Mr. Skinny then gains a belly which makes him happy. The doctor and he celebrate this eating.
International publications & translations
Mr. Skinny appears under the titles Monsieur Maigre (French), 苗條先生 (Taiwan), 빼빼씨 (Korean), Ο Κύριος Κοκαλιάρης (Greek), Unser Herr Dünn (German), Fætter Pind (Danish).
List of characters
This is a list of Mr. Men, Little Miss and other special characters that appear in this book.
- Dr. Plump
- Mr. Greedy
Title character other appearances
- Mr. Marvelous (with a belly)
- Little Miss Somersault
- Little Miss Sparkle
- Mr. Skinny is up the Spout (TV)
- Mr. Skinny's Incredible Bet (TV)
- Mr. Small's Big Dream (TV)
- What a Question, Little Miss Curious!(TV)
- Mr. Mean Hasn't a Penny Left (TV)
- Little Miss Greedy...Belle of the Ball (TV)
- Mr. Cheerful Doffs His Hat (TV)
- Mr. Uppity's Big House (TV) (cameo)
- Mr. Clumsy, Head Butler (TV) (cameo)
- Little Miss Star, the Leading Witness (TV) (cameo)
- Little Miss Bossy Has a Busy Day (TV) (Mentioned, but not seen)
- He might have a crush on Little Miss Lucky.
- He is shorter and a bit more visible in the 1990's show.
- He is best friends with Mr. Greedy.
- His Mario/Nintendo counterpart is Waluigi because they are both skinny.
- His The Little Engine that Could counterpart is Jebediah because they are both yellow.
- His Veggie Tales counterpart is Jerry Gourd because they are both yellow.
- His Wizards of Mickey counterpart is Zoron because they are both yellow.
- His Thomas & Friends counterparts is Mr Percival the Thin Controller because both are thin, have yellow and wear hats. Mr Percival wears a black bowler hat and Mr Skinny wears a red top hat.
- His Toy Story counterpart is Woody because they are both thin and yellow.
- His Street Fighter counterpart is Dhalsim because they are thin.
- His Darkstalkers counterpart is Lord Raptor because they are both thin.
- His Dastardly and Muttley counterpart is Zilly becuase they are both thin and yellow.
- His Hillbilly Bears counterpart is Floral Rugg because they are both thin and yellow.
- His Hanna-Barbera counterpart is Ding-a-Ling Wolf because they are both thin, yellow and wear red hats (however, Ding's hat is sometimes black).
- His Looney Tunes counterpart in Wile E. Coyote becuase they are both thin.
- His Homestar Runner counterpart is Coach Z because they are both skinny.
- His Hey Arnold counterpart is Stinky Peterson because their names both start with S and are both skinny.
- His Mulan counterpart is Ling because they are both thin and wear yellow.
- His 101 Dalmatians counterpart is Jasper Badun because they are both thin.
- His Flushed Away counterpart is Le Frog because they are thin.
- His Bash Street Kids (Beano) counterpart is Plug because they are skinny.
- His Little Bear counterpart is No Feet the Snake because they are both thin.
- His Dig and Dug counterpart is Dig because they are both thin.
- His Roald Dahl's Dirty Beasts counterpart is The Anteater because they are both thin.
- His Superted counterpart is Spotty Man because they are tall, yellow and thin.