The Dark is a Mr. Men episode from the first season.
- Mr. Bump and Miss Helpful's Plot: Mr. Bump needs a job by Miss Helpful to change her bolted light bulb, and Mr. Bump did, but fails and falls down the stairs. He uses a ladder and gets it, but as it is done, the ladder creaks and the light bulb smashes. Then Mr. Bump is lifted by a crane and falls down the stairs, and it turns there's another light in the basement, at the end, he shoos a spider.
- Mr. Nervous' Plot (ONLY IN THE US VERSION!): Mr. Nervous thinks he's in a big forest, but really he's on Mr. Nosy and Mr. Small's cabin.
- Mr. Persnickety and Mr. Messy's Plot: Mr. Persnickety and Mr. Messy watch Miss Scary's Late Night Scare Fest, but Mr. Messy forgets that he's extra messy when he's scared. He looks outside and sees Mr. Bounce.
- Mr. Stubborn, Mr. Quiet and Mr. Grumpy's Plot: Mr. Quiet, Mr. Stubborn and Mr. Grumpy go on a boat trip, in a swamp where a monster dwells
The characters turn off the light in the bathroom.
- Mr. Happy brushes his teeth, and his reflection shows up in the mirror after turning off the light.
- Mr. Strong admires himself in front of the mirror, and turns off the light, but makes a hole in the wall due to his strength.
- Mr. Small washes his hands and tries to turn the light off, so he jumps to get the switch, but he only got himself swinging up and down.
- Mr Scatterbrain turns the light off, but see the Dillydale Swamp Creature wearing his hate on the reflection.
- The light on Mr. Small's bumper is differerent in both regions. In the US, the light turns off to a simple black color. This is absent in the UK.